endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis is working with a local manufacturing leader to help identify a Purchasing Analyst. The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for analyzing data in the ERP system and placing purchase orders to the best cost and lead time option supplier. The Analyst is responsible for ensuring the correct inventory levels are maintained at each global location to support high customer on time delivery, while at the same time ensuring inventory values are within the targets for their commodities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the inventory position for selected commodities and develop relationships with assigned suppliers.
- Analyze and act on purchase recommendations generated by the ERP systems. This includes generating Purchase Orders, communicating PO’s to suppliers, receiving acknowledgements, and performing PO maintenance as needed.
- Responsible for item setup within ERP system to drive accurate system suggestions for purchases and ensure correct costs are captured
- Manage IVR / obsolete / excess inventory
- Take an active role in communicating service and inventory issues across departments and with management.
- Gather department data and lead the report out of metrics on a weekly or monthly basis to a cross functional team
- Issue and manage purchase orders to approved suppliers, negotiating costs and delivery schedules as needed.
- Approximately less than 10% travel is required for (but not limited to) supplier visits, etc.
- Perform other tasks and/or projects as assigned by Supply Chain Leadership.
- Associate’s degree in relevant discipline AND 7+ year’s relevant experience as a production planner or similar role, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or equivalent, preferred
- APICS or ISM certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years in inventory management, materials or related experience
- Experience working with materials management systems in a distribution environment, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D06
- Excellent understanding of materials management theory and practices
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office package with emphasis on Excel, Access, and Word
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Confident self-starter who demonstrates passion and ownership
- Strong distribution knowledge a plus.
- Ability to learn technical aspects of assigned commodity responsibilities quickly.
- JBA experience preferred