Our client, located in NW Atlanta is searching for a Purchasing Agent.
This position will be responsible for:
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Research, monitor, and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Confer with staff and research and source materials, parts and equipment.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to materials and parts.
- Review product specifications and maintain a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
- Management of purchasing documents/purchase orders within software and update any changes in pricing and due dates electronically to ensure accurate MRP projections
- Manage weekly confirmations of deliveries and ensure that the team is updated with delays or other vital information.
- Match receiving records, purchase orders and invoices upon receipt and confirm accuracy of counts and pricing across all documents.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies between vendor invoiced pricing and purchase order pricing.
- Input invoices (will include non-po driven costs) into accounting system on a timely basis.
This position is a Temp-To-Hire position. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to Joanmarie Bolding, Managing Director of Recruiting.
Click here to apply online