Recruitment Partners is working on the Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMX) and is searching for an experienced Purchaser for the project. This long-term contract role will be based out of Hope, BC and will require a 2.5 year commitment in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Create purchase order documents, and administer purchase orders within area of responsibility;
- Coordinating with operations, maintenance, warehousing and logistics for scheduling of supplies and materials;
- Ensure supplies and materials meet specifications and terms of contract;
- Ensuring best value purchasing for key supplies and materials;
- Monitor procurement discrepancies, report on any procurement errors, perform investigations to identify root causes and provide recommended solutions;
- Perform weekly and monthly business reviews, inventory rotation reports, monthly inventory accuracy reports; run recall reports during audits, monthly inventory reconciliation reporting for opening and closing inventory valuation;
- Monitor and ensure ongoing improvements for accurate inventory and warehousing processes are in compliance with internal and external audit practices; Ensuring the company’s supply chain policies and guidelines are consistently being followed;Maintains working relationships with home office SCM and the suppliers concerning material delivery schedules and shipments; and verification of materials received.
Your strengths include:
- 5+ years of progressive Purchasing and Supply Chain Experience within a Construction and EPC environment;
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional certification is preferred;
- Experience with large pipeline projects will be considered an asset;
- Experience using large ERP systems will be considered an asset;
- CSTS-09 and OSSA certifications are required;
- PSTS (Pipeline Safety Training System) is preferred;
- Must be willing to take site specific orientations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail is required;
- The ideal candidate would come from a high volume, fast-paced environment in the Pipeline/Oil and Gas/Construction industry;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume, in word format directly to Crystal Horner.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!