PURPOSE: The Pulp Mill Supervisor
manages the overall daily operations of the Pulping department to provide constant availability of pulp to the Paper machines and Pulp Dryer at this integrated paper operation in the Southeast. This position will assist in the daily maintenance management as well as shutdown maintenance planning and cost control. International producer with operations throughout North America.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing overall operation and maintenance of equipment in the Pulp department
- Coordinate daily activities with all operating departments
- Manages the PSM, LDAR and all environmental compliance requirements within the Pulp mill
- Manages the departmental safely program
- Coaches, leads, develops, and assists in training hourly employees
- Leads the LOTO continuous changes and is involved in the 90 day team manufacturing excellence efforts.
- Develops and implements departmental goals and initiatives to supplement overall mill goals.
- Troubleshoots process and equipment problems to increase safety, productivity, improve reliability, and reduce operating costs per unit output.
- Works with Environmental department to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and standards.
- B.S. Engineering, (Chemical or Pulp & Paper engineering preferred)
- Strong operational background with demonstrated computer and technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with peers, supervisors, and subordinates on a wide range of issues and across departmental lines.
- Team player able to balance priorities to meet short and long term objectives with constrained resources from maintenance, plant engineering, or process engineering.
- Experience with PI, Proficy and Excel programming for use in reporting and trouble shooting process problems.