Pulp Mill Supervisor
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Utilities Manager and Pulp Mill Superintendent, the Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor at this integrated pulp & paper operation will have operating responsibility for safety, environmental, quality, cost, productivity, and leadership of the pulp mill, utilities, and woodyard crews.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A steadfast commitment to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide strong leadership by leading the initiative of safe work practices by championing new ideas, learning from events, communicating with the team and development of an empowered, highly motivated operational crew.
- Communicating and reinforcing the mill’s running objectives, sustaining the highest operational quality and productivity levels
- Work closely with the area managers to execute objectives consistent with the Arkansas Kraft Division’s vision and strategy.
- Lead and develop operational crews in activities around quality and operational improvements; by enhancing operational knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable operation.
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment to resolve issues.
- Drive equipment and process ownership down to operators.
- B.S. Engineering (Chemical, Paper, Mechanical, etc) preferred
- Experience in pulp/utilities mill operations as a supervisor or process leader
- Experience in lieu of a degree considered
- Experience operating, optimizing, and troubleshooting
- Keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding
- Knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination.
- Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices will be keys to the success of the Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.
Pulp & Paper