PURPOSE: The Pulp and Utilities Area Manager position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Pulp Mill/Utilities Area including: Wood Operations, Chemical Recovery Boiler, Evaporators, Auxiliary Boilers, Incoming Water Treatment and Outgoing Wastewater Treatment, Batch Digesters, Brown Stock Washing, and Three Stage Bleach Plant at this integrated paper mill in the Northeast. The positions reports to the Mill Manager and participates on the Mill Leadership Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Safety Systems and processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals.
- Lead the Department Environmental Management Team to ensure compliance and environmental stewardship.
- Grow our People to their full potential using the Company Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Value Creation while empowering people
- Optimize efficiency and effectiveness of department operations by analyzing the processes and utilizing all available tools, technology, and outside resources.
- Manage the operational responsibility for Process Safety Management
- Develop and manage the departments Capital Spending Plan
- Support Shutdown Planning, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance and the Equipment Reliability Process