PURPOSE: The Pulp Dryer Superintendent will lead the overall operation of the pulp drying process (pulp drying performance, cutting, stacking, baling and loading) to optimize safety, environment, quality, productivity, team development and cost. Deliver returns above the cost of capital and exceed the expectations of the business owners. Looking for a hands-on leader, must have experience with Pulp Dryers and solid leadership skills. Great company and newly upgraded operation in an urban area in the Southeast US.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operation of the Pulp Dryer with an emphasis on safety risk reductions, environmental compliance, quality improvements in product and process, productivity gains through optimization strategy implementations, improving team skills through implementation of work standards and improving day to day cost by designing out waste.
- Provide leadership and direction necessary to drive a zero incident safety culture.
- Coordinate maintenance activities for the Pulp Dryer area with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC). Design in maintainability and reliability to make down activities safer and more efficient.
- Work/coordinate with Lead Operators, Shift Supervisors, and area management to meet product quality and production requirements.
- Drive improvements in skills and productivity of the Pulp Dryer area employees.
- Implement long-term strategies through continuous improvement tools designed to improve safety performance, increase operating efficiency, and reduce cost.
- Continue to drive a culture change towards self-direction, ownership, and engagement.
- Develop and manage area operating budgets.