Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Tax Manager at their Atlanta location. Job details as follows:
The Tax Manager is an integral part of the team and works closely with partners as well as staff and clients to manage the delivery of tax services for multiple clients in a variety of industries. The Tax Manager is responsible for performing the following job duties.
- Interacts closely with clients to provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance services
- Plans, budgets, supervises, reviews and completes client engagements/projects
- Manages within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client service
- Reviews complex federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts, and businesses; consults on complex tax matters
- Perform and manage tax research projects
- Works closely with partners on client management, delivery of innovative tax planning as well as practice development and business development activities
- Understands client operations, builds relationships with client personnel and manages client expectations; identifies opportunities to expand services within the client base; promotes new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in clients’ industries as well as in tax guidance to anticipate and address client concerns
- Assists with examinations by tax authorities
- Understands and manages firm risk on tax services
- Trains, develops, manages and evaluates staff ; assists with attracting, developing, and retaining top talent
Click here to apply online
- 7+ years technical tax experience in public accounting (preferably with a local, boutique or regional firm)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters in Taxation or MAcc with a concentration in tax strongly preferred
- Must be a licensed CPA.
- Proficient in preparation and review of work papers, complex income tax returns, research and projections (corporate, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, multi-state and individuals; variety of industries).
- Strong technical & research skills with ability to identify and propose resolutions to complex income tax issues
- Experience with tax planning & strategy
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and accounting. .
- Excellent analytical, judgment and project management skills.
- Proven client interaction and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Demonstrated staff management & development skills