endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Staff Accountant-Public Accounting
Our client, a reputable CPA firm in Northwest Ohio, is looking for a dynamic Staff Accountant to join their team. This is a unique opportunity to be given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Functions
Personal & Professional Development
- Records transactions in general ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using accounting software applications and packages.
- Reconciles accounts to control accounts
- Calculates and prepares schedules for various work papers, including debt accruals.
- Analyzes fixed asset activity and calculates depreciation expenses
- Prepares corporate personal payroll, sales or other tax returns
- Assists in proofing financial statements and other documents
- Performs other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed on engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Performs special projects as required
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Business Development/Cross Selling
- Achieve growth by understanding the company and its services lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Bachelor Degree with a focus in Accounting, and approximately 1+ (will consider internship) years of related work experience
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the exam; must be actively preparing to pass the CPA exam.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.