Public Information Officer II
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Professionals for various immediate temporary positions with the city.
This Public Information Office II position is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- This is technically self-sufficient professional level public information work.
- Employees are assigned to expert level duties in the Communications Branch office, or as Department-based Public Information Officers responsible for communication activities of a Branch, specific communications programs and/or specific projects for a Department.
- Employees in the classification are involved in all areas of technical and professional communications work, including preparation of communication strategies, annual programs and project budgets.
- The work performed includes co-ordination of all information disbursements, information or advertising programs, audio-visual (a/v) programs, employee communications and community information.
- The nature of the work requires employees to exercise initiative and judgement in strategically planning the co-ordination and control of branch, or departmental public relations programs and/or projects.
- The result of this work is a high public profile for the branch, department or corporation.
- The type of departmental work assigned involves a significant range of projects and a variety of public information activities at any one time.
- Incumbents perform with general supervision and are functionally responsible to a senior public information officer or a Director within the Communications Branch.
- Work of this class is distinguished from that of the Public Information Officer I class in that incumbents are responsible for total branch activities, complete projects, and/or programs that impact an entire department.
Your strengths include:
- University graduation in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position or Diploma in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position.
- Experience using Google suite of products.
- Extensive knowledge of requirements of mass communication media; and considerable background knowledge of allied fields, such as advertising, printing, graphics and audio-visual.
- Extensive knowledge of communications principles, techniques and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of communications planning principles, techniques and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of common office administrative procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Sherri Bowles.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!