Public Audit Senior
Public Audit Senior - Chicago, IL
The Audit Senior should be able to perform and direct the broadest range of accounting tasks so that the direct participation of managers or partners is kept to a minimum. This person will assist the engagement partner and/or manager in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for clients within the commercial industry. The Senior may work with audit staff at the client’s premises, managing the engagement in the field and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent. These duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS & SEC rules, where applicable).
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Research complex accounting topics
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training entry level staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms
- Prepare financial report (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Understand cash flow effects of complex activities (non-cash, acquisitions, etc.).
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Seek to understand the client’s business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up, and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Perform a detailed effective in-charge level review of the team’s work for finalization requirements.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and is capable of writing detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines; identifies roadblocks, and understands critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- BA/BS Accounting degree from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of two plus years of audit experience in public accounting with commercial clients.
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have passed all or parts of the CPA Exam.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, GAAS) and accounting standards and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with ProSystem fx Engagement.