Public Audit Senior
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- To successfully complete the CPA exam and obtain the necessary hours to become a CPA if not already licensed.
- Demonstrate professional interest in providing clients with quality services and personal attention by performing “above and beyond the call of duty” if necessary.
- Ability and desire to run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audits, and other service offerings and managing to budget.
- Be involved in evaluating and making recommendations for improvement regarding safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, reliability of financial statements and underlying records, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Identify problem areas and client issues and propose solutions to managers and partners.
- Plan and prepare supporting audit workpaper schedules and file memos.
- Effectively wrap-up audit engagements.
- Identify value added suggestions from audit and reviews for client utilization.
- Meet budget and realization goals.
- Meet chargeable hour goal by advising team members of availability and monitoring progress toward goal.
- Effectively communicate with clients as required.
- Apply basic accounting and auditing and tax knowledge to more complex and multiple projects.
- Take personal initiatives to develop career path.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates in audit and review process.
- Become involved in staff and intern development.
- Be aware of developments, pronouncements and research technical issues.
- Identify technical skills needed for improvement and improve through CPE, personal commitment and on-the-job training.
- Be proficient in use of computers and become proficient with firm utilized paperless audit software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Two years of previous public accounting experience with an emphasis on auditing
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- CPA License OR Completed educational requirements for CPA License
Click here to apply online
- Experience and desire to audit non-profit entities
- Experience with federal compliance audits performed under OMB Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book).