As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,400 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join our Psychiatric Services team of talented professionals.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Must possess and retain in good standing a State of Michigan Physician License, Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance License, and Controlled Substance Registration DEA.
- Must be Board eligible and/or Board certified in psychiatry. Additional requirements include: Cultural competency, ability to work effectively with a diverse population, the ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with adults and families in a variety of modes of treatment, the ability to develop collaborative relationships with other unit staff and providers, effective communication skills, and a willingness to be flexible.
- Must obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional (and Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional) credential within 120 days of hire.
- Experience with computers and electronic health record is preferred.
- Electronic prescribing experience is also highly preferred.
- Experience or training in Substance Use Disorder treatment, including medication assisted treatment, is preferred.
The psychiatrist is responsible for providing psychiatric services and treatment oversight for adult clients. Services include review and discussion of individual cases with staff members and supervisors when requested, treatment of client, including prescribing of medication when indicated, evaluation of clients when requested by staff members and/or deemed necessary, supervision of residents in psychiatric residency program, participation in intake staffing and treatment review meeting to contribute to the team decision regarding case disposition, appropriate treatment modality, goals of treatment, such participation to include written evidence of disposition and endorsement for third party, evaluation of clients for hospital placement, development of in-service training programs and recommendation of topics; as well as completion of all documentation on a timely basis. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Evenings and Saturdays may be required depending on departmental needs.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online