Property Accountant- Columbus Georgia area
A growing full-service, commercial real estate brokerage and property management firm specializing in retail and commercial properties is looking for an experienced Property Accountant.
This position is responsible for the day to day accounting of real estate assets of the companies managed properties.
- Responsible for closing the books, tracking all ancillary accounting and financial reporting for properties.
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly financial reports in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements.
- Forecast cash flow.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and work with Property Managers to provide variance explanations when comparing actual to budget or historical results.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for each property’s operating account.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Perform monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Assist Property Manager’s with yearly budget preparation.
- Annual CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations.
- Periodic utility reconciliations and billings.
- Work with our clients’ CPA’s on an as needed basis and assist with year-end tax preparation requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of real estate accounting experience.
- Must be able to multi-task while achieving deadlines.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Confident verbal and written skills to be able to interact with clients and co-workers.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and accounting standards in general.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proficiency in MRI accounting software and Quickbooks is preferred.
Base salary 60's to low 70's plus excellent benefits (full paid coverage for employee) Medical, Dental, LifeIf you are interested in an opportunity with great growth potential please send your resume in confidence to Andree@Stafffinancial.com
CB123Click here to apply online