Leading Property Development Group, based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, is looking for a driven Property Accountant. This role is ideal for a strong accountant eager
to contribute and learn within a fast-growing company.
- Property Accountants are responsible for the flow of accounting procedures at the centre level
- Special emphasis on the billing and collection process of tenant accounts including lease administration, monitoring of recurring billings and annual adjustments along with the collection of tenant accounts
- Should have strong skills on monitoring of tenant accounts receivable activity, including disputes, and minimised unapplied cash receipts
- Complete month-end closings in a timely manner and produced accurate and quality financial reports resulting in client satisfaction
- Generate budget schedules to support income statement and balance sheets accounts
- Do lease smoothing as well
- Finance degree or diploma
- 3+ years of working experience within the Accounting and Finance function, physically performing accounting activities (Reconciliations, journal entries, capturing of source documents & billing)
- Excellent computer skills
- Comprehensive understanding of financial process, daily finance tasks, reconciliations and accounting entries
- Proficiency with SARS filings – VAT
- Good verbal and electronic communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to multitask
- Must be able to work on MDA - cloud based property accounting program (essential)
- Prepares monthly financial reports
- Reviews Balance Sheets and Income Statements per property to verify account balances and reasonable revenue and expense amounts
- Ensures accuracy of all general ledger information
- Ensures that all property and tenant information is up to date and correct through lease interpretation and cross-referencing against other department information
- Assists in the preparation of recoverable charges reconciliation
- Prepares management reports, including budget and lease smoothing
- Ensures reports/documents are forwarded to auditors and maintains applicable documentation
- Informs management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may exist that arise from the audit
- Meets Accounting Department calendar deadlines
- Process and reconcile the bank account
- Bill Tenants and reconcile all tenant accounts
- Process suppliers and reconcile supplier accounts
- Assists with the preparation of valuations and special projects
- Other related duties may be assigned as necessary
- Improves process related to above duties and responsibilities
- Market related salary package
- 20 days annual leave
- Free parking
- Office catering available, ie. breakfast, lunch
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201761 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.