Property Accountant - ResidentialOur growing client has an immediate need for a Property Accountant with Residential (Multi-family) experience.
- Analyze, review, edit, correct and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Ensure detail information is recorded for good audit trail
- Maintain and review general ledger account balances to ensure accuracy of postings
- Provide directives to the property managers relating to accounting for property management activities.
- Shared responsibility for the supervision of accounting specialists
- Examine rental activity reports generated from Yardi for proper classification of revenue and prepare reclassifying entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements as required by the owner on cash or accrual method of accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Respond to financial reporting requirement of investors, HUD and other agencies
- Analyze financial statements and report on budget variances and other abnormalities
- Maintain supporting schedules for Fixed Assets, Insurance, Taxes, etc.
- Work with the auditors preparing year end audit of financial statements.
- BS in Accounting or Finance and 3 plus years of experience in progressively more responsible accounting/financial reporting role.
- Multi-Family property management accounting experience a MUST
- Customer service / “business partner” orientation.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated self-starter. Responsible for achieving results with little supervision.
- Yardi Software Experience a MUST
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all level of employees and management. Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Above average level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and a demonstrated track record of employing technology solutions to improve and streamline processes.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org