Dacon Corporation is a design build firm with a great reputation for successfully delivering projects in the corporate, distribution, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, life sciences and commercial markets. For more than 35 years, we have been a trusted name in the commercial architectural and construction industry of Central New England. We are currently seeking an experienced Pre-Construction Manager/Project Planner to join our Planning team. Candidates should be thorough, efficient, creative, and above all, passionate about providing excellent client service. If this sounds like you, we want to know.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility to:
- Contribute to the overall project strategy and play an integral role in executing the strategy.
- Organize multiple team members.
- Engage and coordinate the expertise from each member of our design build team.
- Act as client liaison to ensure client expectations and goals are properly identified and met.
- Act as main communication link with all project resources both internal and external.
- Act as lead communicator to ensure all required meetings are scheduled and the appropriate team members are invited and in attendance in accordance with our Meeting Tracker Process.
- Client sales meetings and presentations.
- Internal strategy meetings to develop creative strategies and schedules to meet clients’ needs.
- Organizes weekly client meetings with the Project Architect/Captain during design development.
- Internal project review meetings.
- Client meetings.
- Consultant meetings.
- Collaborates with:
- Client to establish project scope.
- Design team to define project scope.
- Design build subcontractors and vendors to generate project scope.
- Estimators for project support
- Construction team to establish construction schedules and logistics.
- Project proposals
- Meeting minutes
- Action item reports
- Estimates (conceptual budgets, control estimates, and GMP’s)
- Project scope summaries
- Project schedules
- Contracts for client review
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical degree
- Familiar with building systems technology
- 5-10 years' experience in construction planning/preconstruction management
- 5-10 years' experience in commercial construction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Willingness to learn and grow with Dacon Corporation
- A strategic thinker with high organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and customer care.
WORKING AT DACON CORPORATION:
Dacon Corporation offers a welcoming work environment, excellent benefits and a competitive compensation. We pride ourselves on our team, our unique Design Build process, and the longevity of relationships with our clients.
**This is a 100% on-site position. Candidates will need to be located within commuting distance from Natick, MA.
Click here to apply online