A national Top Ten general contractor/construction management firm is currently seeking highly motivated Project Managers for a large commercial project located in Southern/Central Virginia. These team members will help manage all aspects of construction projects and report direct to a Lead Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Subcontract award and buy-out
- Scope writing and definition
- Change Order evaluation, presentation, negotiation
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating work with project owner representatives, architects, engineers, inspectors, and site subcontractors and/or directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site.
- Managing estimating and bidding processes and tracking costs to manage project budget.
- Resolving and clarifying design issues.
- Writing contracts and purchase orders using company boilerplate language to document all ordered work, schedules, projected costs, change orders and technical specifications.
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract specifications.
- Implementing project schedules including each task associated with project completion.
- Providing field support to construction Superintendents to help ensure contract compliance, quality control and maintenance of the site.
- Setting expectations for managing a safe work site and enforcement of company’s Environmental Health and Safety program.
The qualified applicant will have a track record of working collaboratively in diverse teams with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. A proven ability to plan, schedule and coordinate subcontract trades is paramount along with the ability to interface well with Owners, Architects, and Engineers.
Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000 (Per diem available on a case-by-case basis)
Excellent and Competitive Benefits