The Company's Corporate Technical Team, the internal consulting team for Cement Operations, is looking for a new team member. Our Project Managers have the best of both worlds working internally with our Cement Operations across North America and with outside consultants and vendors. This position reports to our Director – Project Engineering and is located in our Corporate office.
This is an exciting opportunity, with lots of opportunities to see and work with a wide range of Cement operations businesses and be a key person to oversee critical projects.
- Prepare Feasibility Studies including cost estimates for CapEx planning. Propose the overall project plan; assess and obtain necessary resources. Responsible to prepare the formal CapEx authorization requests (AFE) so that each proposes a well thought out technical solution vetted against alternate solutions, an accurate budget and an accurate schedule.
- Develop Conceptual Designs utilizing material handling and manufacturing knowledge to improve existing equipment installations or eliminate bottlenecks for the purpose of improving safety, operations, efficiencies and/or environmental compliance. Present these designs to management for authorization to pursue further study or funding.
- Manage Projects varying between $1 Mio to $25 Mio. Develop detailed project plans in conjunction with Plant & Corporate Management. Develop cost estimates & monitor costs. Prepare, monitor & validate project schedules. Determine and acquire the necessary resources. Manage & direct project team. Provide monthly reports to and conduct monthly progress meetings with the Steering Committee.
- Design & Engineer Cement Plant Systems by overseeing the development of mechanical & structural design based on process requirements. Supervise internal designers’ work; obtain & review outsourced engineering work. Review & approve civil, structural & mechanical drawings. Coordinate with electrical and automation engineers to ensure integration of all engineering disciplines into complete project designs.
- Procurement: Prepare mechanical & civil/structural specifications for use in the bidding process. Evaluate & recommend external organizations to provide bids. Lead the technical part in contract negotiations. Monitor vendor performance.
- Construction: Prepare specifications for construction bid packages. Evaluate & recommend external contractors. Negotiate contracts in conjunction with Purchasing; lead the technical part. Direct contractor’s activity & performance on site. Negotiate & approve/reject contractor claims. Verify contractor invoices. Visit plants for progress evaluation & issue resolutions. Validate construction progress through close monitoring of project schedule & site inspections. Organize check out process for contractor. Ensure all plant & safety regulations are followed.
- Start Up: Organize start up team; obtain internal resources. Assign roles & responsibilities. Organize training of operational personnel with vendors & plant management. Monitor performance in relation to contract documents. Drive deficiency elimination process. Lead the successful scheduling and coordination of the project team to conduct all performance tests and validation of the test results against the contract documents. Pursue contract remedies where performance does not satisfy the contract documents.
- Documentation: Manage drawings & documents handling & archiving during whole project run time. Responsible for drawing & document assimilation into the Company & HTC system.
- Safety: Perform work in a safe manner taking into account Company safety standards and regulatory standards. Ensure others around you perform work safely.
PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT email@example.com
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Civil/structural Engineering preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field required.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in project engineering, ideally to include layout, assembly and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery acquired in both office and field engineering environments.
- Very broad knowledge and understanding of the equipment used for the cement manufacturing process.
- Familiarity with alternative fuels and related equipment to receive, handle, store, transport and dose such fuels into the cement making process is a plus.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
- Authoritative understanding of project management and engineering concepts and practices gained through broad and deep experience.
- Solid computer skills and prior experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to develop detailed project schedules with appropriate logic and then maintain and update the schedule based on verified progress. Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 scheduling software are strongly preferred.
- Solid organizational skills to lead, coordinate and integrate the sub functions of the project team for the complete run time of the project.
- Good skills to understand, influence, empathize and communicate with people to achieve the goal of the project. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%. During start-up and commissioning of projects, extended site visits may be required to ensure the successful start-up of projects.
Cement & Lime