The Project Manager position provides a wide range of support within operations including planning, budgeting, scheduling, execution and documentation of operations and project functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering and project management oversight for plant modifications and projects from conception through implementation. This includes both capital and non-capital projects and includes the development of expenditure requests, project justification, construction oversight and documentation.
- Assist Maintenance Management in the development of maintenance practices and procedures to ensure production capacity objectives are achieved.
- Provide engineering and troubleshooting support for the Maintenance Department.
- Assist in department technical training and development.
- Assist in various planning activities of the Maintenance Department; including development of job plans, outage plans and annual budgets.
- Assist with management of maintenance department overtime/callout documentation and tracking program.
- Assist operations with development of Standard Work and safety meetings.
- Provide supervision as required to support operations during outages, special projects, planned major repair work and alternating maintenance call-out coverage.
- Coordinate and develop root cause failure analysis program on critical equipment failures.
- Function as the leader and facilitator for plant defect elimination program. Evaluate problems that compromise HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental), reduce production, erode value and productivity, or create waste. Develop solutions, justify required expenditures and implement corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a minimum of five to eight years of experience in the cement or related heavy industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of project engineering and design, contract administration, in-depth knowledge of cement manufacturing equipment, construction and maintenance methods, project scope development, budget preparation, purchasing process, and scheduling.
- Experience in preparation of bid packages and technical reporting.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems including setting up new equipment and researching and entering periodic equipment maintenance PM tasks and historical data.
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Skills with Auto-Cad and drafting as required to provide miscellaneous drawings and sketches for implementation of plant special project modifications or improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct root-cause failure analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and chemical systems.
- Ability to be a self-starter.