Our client has been rated the number one place to work in Denver and has won multiple Colorado General Contractor of the Year awards. They are looking for a very talented project manager to manage a variety of projects in the Denver area. Please email your resume to email@example.com if you are interested.
The Project Manager position will provide effective and efficient support to the project’s field and office management team and will provide support to all assigned projects or project areas, including direct responsibility for subcontract and material procurement, developing and managing project schedule (in conjunction with the Project Superintendent), developing and managing project budgets and cost controls, assisting with site safety documentation, assisting in verification of quality of work put in place, and facilitating subcontractor and supplier coordination and procurement working in conjunction with the Project Superintendent and Project Engineer. The position bears the primary responsibility for project success within the team.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Works with Business Development to market the company and procure future projects (RFP response assistance, schedule and cost estimating, oral interviews, etc.)
- Works with pre-construction to develop project cost estimates and interface with clients through design development process.
- Oversees the work of the Project Engineer and supports/oversees the Project Superintendent (refer to PE and Superintendent Job Descriptions for additional information).
- Develops the working project field budget and maintains all required cost controls.
- Issues all subcontractor commitments and subcontracts with detailed scopes of work.
- Develops and implements the quality control plan for the project and periodically audits the quality control process to ensure adherence to company standards.
- Works with PE to develop and maintain current project document control logs – submittals, RFI, ASI, change management, etc.
- Provides management oversight over the Project Engineer, trains the Project Engineer to become a future Project Manager.
- Works with Project Engineer and Superintendent to develop project procurement schedule and help Project Engineer prioritize submittal and procurement needs consistent with project schedule.
- Assists Superintendent in corrective action when schedules are not being met by Subcontractors.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the contract documents including plans, specifications, addenda, prime contract, etc. and all changes thereto.
- Analyzes and resolves field construction issues with input from Superintendent.
- Develops and maintains project schedule with Scheduler & Superintendent input.
- Maintains thorough understanding of contract documents and subcontracts, inclusive of all change orders during the course of pre-construction and construction.
- Attends OAC meetings and subcontractor coordination meetings and represents the interests of the Company in a professional manner.
- Develop and manage completion of punch list with Superintendent.
- Assist with jobsite safety and storm water compliance documentation and policy implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the commercial construction industry as a Project Manager, Senior Project Engineer or Superintendent.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Trimble Prolog, Microsoft Office, and Primavera P6
- Strong understanding of construction cost accounting
- Strong understanding of construction scheduling
- Knowledge of construction contract processes (subcontract and owner)
- Knowledge of pre-construction and construction cost estimating
Physical Requirements: JOBSITE TRAILER/ OFFICE % of Work Time
Must have the ability to remain in a seated position. 90%
Must have the ability to speak, write and comprehend English language. 100%
Must have the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs. 20%
Must have the ability to hear clearly. 100%
Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach. 10%
Must have dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse. 100%
Physical Requirements: FIELD % of Work Time
Must have the ability to remain in a standing or kneeling position. 90%
Must have the ability to speak, write and comprehend English language. 50%
Must have the ability to lift tools and supplies, up to 50 lbs. 40%
Must have the ability to hear clearly. 100%
Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, bend and reach. 100%
Must have dexterity to utilize and manipulate tools and materials. 100%
Must have clear vision, or wear glasses/contacts if vision is obscured 100%
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick days, holidays a 401(k)-retirement plan with a match and fringe benefits.