Project Manager – Portal Development
This role is a part of End Users Services group. The Project Manager will provide oversight over business requirements gathering, development, testing, and deployment of End User Service portals for service catalog, self-service, and workflows. S/he will act as the key focal to developer and infrastructure teams, as an advocate for the End User Services; scheduling sprints within each release cycle. Must be familiar with Agile and Scrum processes, ServiceNow and experience in creating User Stories. This person will also manage the approach, transition, and change management for the new IT Service Catalog solution and the process to decommission any legacy sites.
The successful candidate will engage with our clients, business representatives, and stakeholders to understand and document their needs, expectations, and preferences to incorporate this information in our portal solution(s).
This person will have an integral role in synthesizing requirements based on SME/stakeholder input, user experience best practices, corporate design templates, departmental guiding principles, and industry best practices to make design recommendations and decisions.
The candidate will have to be available for in-person meetings as needed with teammates, SMEs and stakeholders in the NY Metro area.
- Liaison with development and infrastructure teams
- Determine, schedule and manage Sprints for all development release cycles
- Initiation, facilitation, and documentation of stakeholder meetings
- Requirements gathering, project plans and documentation
- Creation and management of various reports on both volume and usage metrics
- Creation of regular reporting of project status
- Creation of status presentations for senior management
- Review, edit, and update documented procedures, run book and departmental governance Guiding Principles as necessary
- Bachelors degree, PMP, and/or extensive project management experience.
- Experience in a technology environment is desired
- Proficiency with MS-Office Productivity Applications and Microsoft Project
- Experience in SharePoint is desired
- Solid client service, people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills