A world leading innovator in materials and life sciences has an opening for a Project Manager.
Scope of position:
The Project Manager leads critical strategic projects to support the life science and new product division manufacturing. These can include projects to optimize manufacturing in key global regions, establishing cost leadership, understanding the division’s competitive position, and developing and launching new biotech products or processes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Prefer degree in technical discipline.
Required years and area of experience:
- Minimum 8+ years of Scientific or Engineering Project Management experience.
- Formal Project Management Training required.
- Do you demonstrate strong work ethic and display exemplary personal behavior?
- Do you have the ability to acquire and retain new information?
- Can you lead in the “gray” areas without having all the details?
- Looking for a professional that has experience with new product project management using Innovation / Stage Gate processes.
- Ability to effectively handle a high degree of change and ambiguity and utilize influence versus control.
- Ability to complete basic financial analysis of projects, including estimates of the project cost, return on investment, and payback.
- Ability to understand and anticipate costs, and work across functions to generate accurate estimates. Ability to think through the financial ramifications of decisions.
- Can utilize sound and rational problem solving and decision-making processes.
- Proficient in quality tools like KT, Performance Excellence, and Project Management tools.