Our client, a leading global supplier of high-calcium lime products, with over a century in business, has an immediate opportunity for Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be assigned to a particular plant or area in the company. The Project Manager will support capital spending, major outages, and minor maintenance projects in that area. The Project Manager will work closely with the Finance Department to study the feasibility of spending capital on projects, navigate and expedite projects through the capital approval project, and help the areas plan and justify their capital spending.
- Supervise and lead the capital spending processes in the assigned area
- Manage the project, not necessarily fully engineer projects
- Project Justification: Quickly perform preliminary feasibility studies, perform ROI calculations
- Develop bid packages for assigned projects; solicit bids, issue requisitions for materials
- Issue project schedules and periodic reports on capital project activities
- Communicate activities with other corporate functions
- Work with Purchasing to acquire quotations for equipment and services
- Project Execution and Close
- Build technical trouble shooting skills in manufacturing personnel
- Assist in management of external resources.
- Identify and address gaps in manufacturing personnel capabilities
- Supports/completes site wide safety audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management
- Certification from Project Management Institute
- Ability to effectively communicate with all functional groups and through all levels of the company. Ability to utilize project management and other engineering tools to optimize project execution. Ability to respond decisively to emergencies, as well as exercise sound judgment in problem solving.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org