Project Manager Description:
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and managing all aspects of projects for schedule adherence, quality, safety and budgets. Must be able to handle multiple projects in various industries simultaneously, utilizing the various software tools provided.
Primary objective - safely deliver project/product from startup to completion on time, within scope and cost while maintaining positive customer relations.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Proficiency in AISC or API or ASME
- Proactively maintain positive communication between Client, vendors and company (TTI-FSS) ensuring all are kept fully informed.
- Manage information, communication and activity relating to the scope of supply including aspects such as:
- Work with managers and support personnel to enable successful project completion to time, cost, scope, safety and quality. (design/detailing, procurement, fabrication, coatings, freight and invoicing) Assist AR when needed on collections.
- Act as a focal point of contact for the client, ensuring that the client expectations are managed proactively, diplomatically and constructively and that clients are kept informed and aware of the project status throughout.
- Be able to manage and influence any changes to the project, controlling activities and information which may underpin successful project delivery.
- Establish timing and format of status reports to client and compile the reports in a timely manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate information as necessary in order to facilitate invoicing and cash recovery against the predetermined contract terms and SOW.
Resource and Configuration Management
- Manage all projects with adherence to company procedures, within pre-determined project strategy, conditions, schedule and budgets.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Investigate availability and suitability of different resources and, as necessary, discuss proposals, design, fabrication, procurement and budgets with management.
- Direct monitor and manage the procurement personnel to ensure successful procurement and delivery to the budget, schedule, quality and environmental requirements. .
- Liaison with sub-contractors and material suppliers on technical elements and specifications of project to achieve support and delivery requirements.
- Identify project risks and ensure mitigation is applied. Inform department managers of any areas of special difficulty delineate problems and as necessary refer to appropriate managers for solution. Ultilize in-house software to help manage all aspect of project progress. Alert management of any potential negative deviations
- Monitor work activity and progress in conjunction with the appropriate manager/function head to ensure all projects run within requirements and plan.
- When necessary discuss and establish work priorities with management.
- Manage budgets as specified in the project plan and to control all cost elements during progress through to completion.
- Review and prepare Project Status Reports, presenting recommendation/action improvement plan/remedial activity as necessary.
- Manage and communicate all elements of change control. Ensure the work scope does not change without client and management acceptance of change to value and time as necessary
Co-ordination & Liaison
- Contribute to Business Development and success of current projects by the internal referral and communication of appropriate information and intelligence, together with any project-specific information.
- Recognize the potential impact of own actions for the Company, Clients and suppliers and act in appreciation of this at all times.
- Provide comprehensive and effective communication to underpin working relationships across all Company, Site and Function Heads.
Technical Competency & Development
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company, department, personnel and self.
- Ensure personal, professional and technical competency through continuing professional development.
- Formulate and manage own personal training plan and development activity with the General Manager.