Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To lead and manage all aspects of projects within the business covering NPI, change/modification management and work transfer. Provide a customer focal point for all aspects of the introduction, manufacture, modification, engineering, quality, costs, supply and delivery of all new and changing products. The project manager will need extensive knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and techniques, and also devise systems that help minimize risks across multiple projects.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Interface with the customer to present required updates on current NPI/Modification projects
- Manage resource, costs, budgets, timelines and all activities required to introduce new products & mods
- Present project updates against current plans, budgets, resource and risks to all stakeholders
- Manage multi-site projects and resource allocated to those projects
- Liaise with all departments, manage cross-functional teams and create, track and manage projects.
- Transfer bid models from the commercial department into fully detailed project plans covering resource, costs, timelines, budgets, risks, opportunities and all required activities.
- Hold all resource allocated to the project accountable for their roles and responsibilities to ensure the programme runs on time and to budget
- Ensure the NPI process is followed and all gate reviews are achieved and managed
- Reports status of gate reviews to the senior management team and the customer
- Accountable to ensure the project tracks the bid model through all phases of the gate reviews
- To provide leadership on all assigned projects
- To lead product and project reviews
- Basic Education
- Engineering or Project Management accreditation is an advantage Prince 2/APM
- Previous proven experience in leading projects ideally in Aerospace or automotive environment and managing cross functional teams
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Previous experience in managing NPI and modification projects and work transfer
- Computer literate (MS Office, MS Project, EFACS/SAP)
- Good negotiator
- Excellent communication skills
- Good People management skills
- Strategically minded
- Overview of operational environments
- Ability to cope in a challenging environment
- Can-do attitude
- Hands on
- Detail orientated
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!