The Corporate Project Manager (PM) is responsible to plan, direct and coordinate all phases of execution of assigned capital and major maintenance projects, from Project Initiation through Project Closeout, including engineering, procurement, construction and start-up. The PM works with the Operations Team to develop the CAPEX Plan, including identifying full Project Scope and Budget. The PM ensures the Objectives of Projects are completed within prescribed Scope, Schedule, Cost and Quality constraints. The PM coordinates all Project activity with the Operations Team to ensure that Project Plans are consistent with Operational constraints, such as planned maintenance activity and outages. The PM provides strategic project management expertise and guidance. The PM manages all projects using the Company project management process and complies with all requirements while ensuring conformance to all regulations and policies regarding safety and environmental.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serves as the Project Team Leader on large capital projects and is responsible for executing the overall Project according to Scope, Schedule, Cost and Quality constraints.
- Works with Operations Team in development of the Project Scope and Conceptual Design.
- Develops an overall Project Execution Plan, including identifying required resources, communications plan, procurement plan, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Coordinates with the Operations Team to ensure that Project Plans are consistent with Operational constraints, such as planned maintenance activity and outages.
- Responsible for on-going overall Project Monitoring and Control, including Project Cost Control, Forecasting, Schedule updates and Reporting.
- Facilitates Project Change Management.
- Coordinates Project Status with Project Management Office, including Forecasts and Project Change Management.
- Collaborates with Area Buyer and Production ensuring efficient project procurement practices.
- Collaborates with Corporate Capital Procurement Manager in developing a procurement plan for projects.
- Provides Procurement Manager with bid packages and jointly performs bid evaluations.
- Effectively executes and complies with all phases of the Carmeuse project management process.
- Directs and coordinates internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Manages outside engineering companies and contractors either directly or through construction managers.
- Manages process of project completion, acceptance and closure.
- Works with Sales, Operations, and Maintenance to maintain customer requirements while implementing projects.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDTIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years project engineering management experience within an industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly internally and externally
- Experience executing Projects in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong engineering skills.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem resolution abilities.
- Demonstrable team work and maturity with a strong work ethic.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time outside the base office to multiple locations in the US and Canada including possible travel overseas.