The Project Manager will aggressively manage projects to stay on time, on scope and on budget. They are responsible projects that are complex, multi-technology, multi-phase, strategic and/or high value. With the potential for several projects running simultaneously, the project manager will need to be agile enough to lead different teams on different sites, with potentially multiple technology focuses. Our Project Managers are expected to meet customer expectations while having CEC’s best interests in mind; completing work on schedule, within budget, and with highest quality and system performance.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Team Coordination :
- Determine with sales leadership which projects will be PM led.
- Balance project work across the PMO with the team.
- Determine who will fill key roles in each project (Ops Manager, TPM, Foreman, etc.)
- Establish who will fill key roles in the project from the customer perspective (ie. Purchasing, internal coordinator, project owner)
- Communicate and publish roles, responsibilities, communication protocol (ie. Weekly meetings) contact info, etc.
- Project Management : Acting Project Manager for certain strategic accounts.
- Internal knowledge transfer meeting with sales, engineering, project engineering, field leadership,
- Establish the work plan; project risk registry, project timeline and GANTT chart development, resource projections, internal and external project stakeholder identification, internal and external project communications,
- Lead project kick-off meeting with customer; confirming scope, timelines, and other project specifications prior to project start. Adjust and communicate project work plan as needed.
- Work with Customer Success Coordinators to confirm resource scheduling and equipment ordering is accurate, on pace for customer expectations, and on track.
- Ensure Customer Success Coordinators have tools needed to relay job file and other work details directly to the field staff.
- Ensure project lead completes kick off with customer points of contact.
- Act as liaison for project communications; obtaining updates as needed from field staff while keeping external stake holders informed.
- Responsible for making any project adjustments necessary to ensure project remains on time, on scope, and within budget.
- Ensure successful project close-out with both internal and external contacts, following up on punch lists, project documentation, project training.
- Lead post-project reviews, identifying projects successes and shortcomings for future knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Minimum 4 years of client-facing project management experience.
- Technology based project management.
- Proven track record of successfully managing several projects/tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Project Management experience within the communications industry.
- Proven experience of strong communication skills with large-scale customers.
- Knowledge of construction processes and working with contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOW, contracts, drawings, specifications and addenda.
- Direct supervisory experience.
- Two-year degree from an accredited school.
- Current certification in project management: PMP, CAPM, MPM, IAPM.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Good presentation skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.