A Steel Manufacturer is currently seeking a PMO Project Manager, in conjunction with the PMO Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and closing of Strategic, Developmental, and Maintenance CAPEX projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implements and enforces plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace
- Implements the Investment plans in accordance with corporate regulations on time and on budget while developing Competitive edge.
- Work in a team atmosphere with Indiana and PA General Managers of Engineering while doing pre-project studies, initiating, implementing, and closing projects
- Work with production units to identify and justify new projects
- Work closely with a PMO financial analyst and project analysts to provide all necessary financial calculations and updates on time
- Works with different vendor and contractors to secure all necessary equipment and services at the best available prices through close cooperation with the procurement department
- Follows corporate standards for file storage and drawings.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Project Management or a related field.
- Must demonstrate proficiency and technical understanding of steel manufacturing processes and/or heavy industrial equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Engineering in a steel manufacturing environment and/or heavy industry.
- Possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Ability to work in collaboration between production, maintenance, engineering, and procurement teams
- Ability to work within an international, multilingual company