Project Manager: Construction and Design Build (JD)
Salary- $80k + (Depending on Experience) with Generous PTO and Benefits Package
Job Summary: This position holds responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of commercial construction projects to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. An additional focus of this position is to strengthen existing as well as build new and lasting relationships with clientele and subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upon assignment of project, develop and refine project specific and client-driven goals, schedules, and budgets.
- On negotiated design-build projects, assist the design team during the design phase. Identify design inefficiencies and recommend changes to keep project on budget while still meeting the required specifications.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria meeting the client’s needs.
- Develop and maintain project budget, schedules, and cost control. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Complete monthly job cost projection reports and meet with management team to discuss cost and any issues on the projects.
- Provide estimating assistance to preconstruction staff as needed.
- Track and communicate weekly project schedule updates to subcontractors and owners.
- Complete subcontracts and purchase orders. Monitor and approve vendor and subcontractor invoices. Develop and process monthly pay applications.
- Submit and review change orders while effectively communicating issues and developing resolutions.
- Initiate and conduct weekly project meetings with all stakeholders.
- Review and address plan details, resolve issues before they result in added budget expenditures.
- Maintain continual open communication with clients, design team, Project Superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Attend client interviews and meetings.
- Perform additional assignments at supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field;
- One to five years of work experience in project management in a commercial/industrial construction environment, to include experience as a Project Engineer in same setting.
- Experience managing small to mid-size commercial construction projects ($1M to $5M)
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and decision-making/problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proactive client focus
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Ability to produce quality work in an autonomous manner in an ever-changing environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Vista, P6 Scheduling, Timberline estimating, and Procore.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, printer, copier, fax, scanner, adding machine, telephone, and mobile phone
- Must possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, at least eight hours per day, five days per week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional travel to meetings or events within 75-mile radius of office, 1 – 2 times per week
- Occasional travel to various project locations requiring an overnight stay, 10-15 times per year
Physical Demands of Job:
Job is primarily sedentary. There is occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing required.
Click here to apply online