The Project Management Office (PMO) Project Manager supports all departments of the organization with regards to project planning and implementation by providing project management services where responsibilities include but are not limited to, scoping of project, resource requirements analysis, generating timelines and communicating with upper management on status of ongoing projects as required. The Project Manager is required to manage end-to-end cross functional ‘idea to launch’ process for the development, manufacture, regulatory approval and launch of new products. This Project Manager role will be a part of the corporate PMO and is expected to manage projects at both NY and OH facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Project Manager
- Manage New Product Development (NPD) for The Company including development and management of integrated project plans, milestone and deliverable tracking and running cross functional team meetings.
- Generate and maintain product development dashboards, trackers, and KPIs.
- Monitor and communicate any changes in project scope, timeline and cost to all appropriate individuals.
- Creation and maintenance of cross-functional partnership with R&D, Clinical, Operations, Finance and Regulatory teams and leadership.
- Coordination of the integration of project activities and project resources, risk mitigation and management, as well as serving as the liaison for senior management, R&D, Operations, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely execution of critical tasks, milestones and deadlines.
- Follow-up with teams to continuously update the plan and prioritize activities as needed for the successful implementation and execution of the project within the portfolio.
- Lead regularly scheduled cross-functional meetings to ensure functional deliverables are understood and timelines are on track.
- Ensure that performance metrics are defined, tracked, and reported back to leadership team. Members of functional sub-teams to assure deliverables are completed on time, and dependency assessments are conducted regularly. Responsible for the preparation of monthly status reports.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or related field is required
- Three or more years of project management experience within pharmaceutical environment is required
- Pharmaceutical product development experience is preferred
- Exceptional influencing and team development skills
- Superior organizational skills, must be able to manage multiple projects with high priority
- Strong Microsoft Project and Excel skills
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Certification in Project Management is desirable
- Travel up to 15%