Project Manager- Kennesaw
We are assisting a well-established design/build construction firm with their search for a Construction Project Manager. This is a permanent opportunity with excellent benefits. Below is a snap shot of the opportunity.
Who: Well Established Design/Build Construction Firm
What: Construction Project Manager
When: Immediate Need
Where: Metro Atlanta
Why: Growth of the Organization
Salary: Six Figures + Bonus and excellent benefits
Our client is currently seeking a dynamic Project Manager who can provide reliable, timely, and professional support, and assist with the day-to-day project management activities. The position entails working with participants at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
- Demonstrates a proactive focus on meeting Client and project requirements, in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Actively participates in preconstruction activities such as budgeting, estimating and design management.
- Is able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Develop budget for projects.
- Monitors project status for compliance with safety requirements.
- Develop scopes of work and schedule for assigned projects.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget, and scope.
- Coordinate and track all Client Request For Proposals (“RFPs”)
- Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and the relocation of technical functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience – or a combination of relevant work experience, education, or an equivalent Military experience.
- Experience in construction management.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- LEED, AIA, PE, or PMP certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prepare and track budgets.
- Understanding of technical requirements for construction projects.
- Familiarity with construction drawings a must.
- Able to adapt and prioritize meeting deadlines in a team or an independent environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with engineers, architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members.
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the construction and/or renovation of commercial and institutional buildings.
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Understands how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
- Has the ability to understand the function and purpose of the final product. Uses the knowledge to challenge the appropriateness of the work in progress.
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow.
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired end results.
- Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems promptly.
- Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work.
- Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists.
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by the entire team.
- Takes pride in cleanliness and safety on project sites and is intolerant of those who don’t.
Base salary low 100's plus bonus and excellent benefits.
If you are interested please send your resume to Andree@Stafffinancial.com for immediate consideration.
CB123Click here to apply online