Our Client is one of the most stable general contractors in the Alabama market. They have been rapidly growing and adding new clients for more than 20 years and specialize in large ground up projects. With highly competitive compensation and career growth opportunities this is an excellent opportunity to build a life-long career in construction project management. Qualified candidates please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently seeking an experienced Project Manager:
Purpose/Description of the Job:
The Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing the entire construction project from start to finish. This position will administer the safe completion of the project within budget and on schedule, all in accordance with our best practices and with a high degree of profitability and Owner satisfaction. The Project Manager will work in a highly collaborative manner with the internal and external project teams in managing the components of the project.
Best Practices & Relationships:
- Develop a project business plan
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Owner, Architect and Engineers with the goal of developing strong and resilient relationships
- Cooperate and collaborate with all PMs, APMs, Superintendents and subcontractors in a joint effort to ensure the success of the project
- Develop strategies to ensure each project meets or exceeds client satisfaction, profitability, schedule and safety standards and expectations
- Provide support to make sure all aspects of the assigned construction project are executed in accordance with our best practices
- Hold the team accountable for consistently following best practices
- Become familiar with and monitor all Pre-Construction and Field Operations Best Practices to ensure all practices are being performed. Bring to attention of Sr. PMs/VP Operations if practices are not being followed
- Establish QA/QC site specific quality control plan; Assign a QC Trade Manager and QA/QC Inspector; monitor QC efforts to ensure the plan is being followed
- Responsible for project startup, including obtaining permits and licenses and managing jobsite mobilization
- Design Assist capabilities during project preconstruction efforts and throughout the project as needed
- Take responsibility for assigning the right people to the right scopes of work, matching their skill and experience levels, and to ensure profitable performance that is in-line with company goals
- Contribute to the buyout process by issuing/obtaining and managing all subcontracts and material purchase orders on project, ensuring complete scopes of work are purchased
- Develop and administer subcontract and purchase order change orders
- Assist in the creation and management of subcontracts; assist in ensuring that a signed subcontract and all compliance items are obtained from each subcontractor prior to the subcontractor performing work on the job
- Track each subcontractor’s change requests, monthly billings, approvals and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide accurate and complete project information to the Project Executive to ensure they are kept up to date through the life of the project
- Distribute and coordinate project plans, specifications, information, policies, and ensure that these are carried out appropriately and in accordance with the contract requirements
- Attend Owner’s meetings to ensure streamline input on construction efforts are achieved while also extracting/evaluating project owner end-use needs are met and exceeded
- Communicate all specific quality and operational goals with the Owner and project team
- Work with the Field Management team to identify and implement all contract deliverables, including quality testing and reporting requirements
- Develop and ensure that budgetary controls are in place and working to effectively monitor project progress and budget
- Prepare and submit monthly draw requests consistent with the contract documents while achieving revenue goals
- Manage and oversee job close-out documentation and procedures (closeout documents, final job report and final accounting) within project closeout deadlines
- Coordinate all legal matters involved in the designated project
- Mentor and train APMs and Interns to understand “What Counts” – our Success Factors
- Search for new business and build relationships with existing clients to help grow and get better
- Assist Superintendent in developing and adhering to pre-construction schedules and construction milestones
- Assist the Superintendent in development, planning and updating the overall project/CPM schedule
- Attend and help facilitate job schedule meetings with project supervisors
- Process and manage all submittals, RFIs and other critical project documentation; perform accurate and timely tracking of all documentation to achieve the project schedule and comply with the contract documents
- Manage and deliver accurate weekly and monthly schedule updates and reports to the Owner and the Project Executive
Reports & Documentation:
- Attend and manage OAC progress meetings; create accurate and timely monthly status reports
- Manage bi-weekly Project Manager’s meetings for review of submittals, RFIs, schedule progress and pay requests
- Prepare and submit internal monthly status reports and cost projections; review for accuracy in coding and processing of invoices associated with the project
- Review all construction contracts; manage and administer Owner contracts; ensure contractual risks are properly identified and managed daily
- Prepares and coordinates project reports and drawing reviews for clients at all phases of the project including schematic, design development, conceptual and construction phases
- Review labor reports, safety documents and schedules monthly
- Ensure the project team complies with all daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Review the safety training program and the safety procedures for the selected project and ensure that an effective program is being conducted
- Ensure the Superintendent’s Safety Team meets periodically and provides feedback to the VP to improve the safety process
- Collaborate with Field Operations to ensure a clean and orderly jobsite is maintained
- Works some of the day outside on the construction site
- Able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to deal with the physical activities associated with a construction site (stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist)
- Able to navigate work areas under construction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of commercial general contractor construction experience
- History of managing construction projects with quality, integrity and profitability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and teams, produce quality work and consistently and profitably meet deadlines on complex construction projects
- Experience using general contractor processes and systems, and procurement, budgeting and accounting practices to successfully manage construction projects from preconstruction through closeout
- Proficiency in construction management software (such as Procore) and construction ERP accounting software (such as Viewpoint)
- Excellence in Microsoft Office products and Scheduling Software’s
- Valid Driver’s License
- Continually drives for results, strives for improvement, creates trust with character and action, teams up successfully, solves complex problems and builds other people.
- LEED AP and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certifications helpful
- OSHA 30
- Experience with BIM Modeling and Design Assist
- This position has supervisory responsibility of Assistant Project Managers and Project Management Interns.
- Ensure company policies and processes are followed in supervisory activities.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and development plans for each year; monitor and supervise the progress to enhance their professional development and contribution to RGC.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and in a construction job site setting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required as the job duties demand.
Travel to other job sites and to other company offices is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.