endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
ADAS - Project Manager
Project: Active Safety Products (DMS, Camera, Radar)
Ready to lead a team developing cutting-edge new ADAS products for the transportation world?
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Safety Systems (all the cool new tech appearing in cars – cameras / radar / lane change avoidance / smart cruise control) is expanding rapidly and looking for an engineering professional who is a cut above for a key role directing a new OEM project in their active safety group (radar, cameras, vision systems).
Located in the greater Detroit area in an amazing new facility this role is a cut above.
- Responsible for various components within Active Safety
- Primary customer interface for all aspects of the project development
- Project Manager acts as the Project Team Lead from Project Kickoff through Launch:
- Commercial: Maintain or improve profitability from sourcing
- Timing: Lead Cross Functional Team in support of project milestones (Internal & Customer)
- Industrialization: Ensure manufacturing site is tooled to make new product according to project schedule
- Risk Mitigation & Issues Management
- Monitor risks and issues (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Financial)
- Mitigate risks, resolve issues with support from the Cross Functional Team
- Escalate and focus management attention as needed
- Manage the project team and deliverables according to Product Development System (APQP):
- Project Planning
- Concept Definition
- Product and Process Development
- Product and Process Validation
- Product Launch
- Schedule and coordinate Cross Functional Team meetings
- Ensure standards are respected in the development process
- Own & update list of open points for supplier, internal and customer meetings & facilitate completion of tasks
- Facilitate with plant Quality team the project APQP plan
- Must have minimum Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree preferred
- Must have minimum 6 years industry experience and 2-4 years Project Management Experience
- Prior program launch experience required.
- Customer focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations
- Leadership: Strong leadership qualities and ability to lead a large team
- Teamwork: Engage & inspire others; drive collaboration
- Build trust: Honest, transparent and reliable
- Project Management experience (MS Project or equivalent skills are a must)
- Strong understanding of automotive product development process
- Automotive Manufacturing & Quality experience required
- Electronics experience preferred
- Ford knowledge preferred
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.