Title: Project Manager 1- General
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-7919862598
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Project Manager to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Creating and reviewing project plans and proposals and working with management to develop project objectives.
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking project milestones while providing regular status updates to project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Creating presentations for project meetings.
- Managing all aspects of a project life-cycle, defining processes, deliverables, timelines, risks and mitigation solutions.
- Implementing and managing change when necessary to meet project deliverables.
- Evaluating and assessing results of project.
- Developing communication plans and change management elements, leading meetings and reporting on risks to appropriate stakeholders.
- Proposing recommendations to project delivery and resolving conflicts.
- Compiling/ reviewing project documentations/ deliverables as and when needed.
- Traveling locally and cross-university and may work extended hours.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience in project management.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to influence diverse audiences, including senior leadership.
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking project milestones while providing regular status updates.
- Ability to productively contribute to cross-functional teams.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Good understanding and exposure to the procurement and/or financial management subject area.
- Experience in an academic setting.
- Subject matter expertise in the procure to pay process and financial management.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls, please.
As a W2 employee, you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.