Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Project Manager to join our site leadership team. This is a 12 month fixed-term position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Project Manager will develop and execute plans to ensure business, technical, and customer requirements are achieved.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Flexible work hours
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for costs, quality and for timely processing and compliance to contractual agreements
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Managing work and budgets using Earned Value Management (EVM) principles
- Identification of project risks/issues/opportunities and definition and implementation of associated mitigation plans
- Proactively communicating within and outside the workgroup
- Participation in make/buy decisions and source selection recommendations
- Leading meetings with customers and internal entities
- Creation and review of reports and documents related to the project
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Cost-effective control and support of customer orders and tender preparation for projects
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering or technical field
- Successful completion of a project manager program or courses
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to manage cost and schedule using EVM principles
- Ability to plan and manage tasks to develop and deliver systems engineering products
- Ability to consolidate technical, cost and schedule data into briefings and reports suitable for a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated team worker/leader and possess good problem solving skills
- Areas of specific knowledge that are desired include: aerospace, military or industrial applications, systems engineering, embedded systems, software
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.