Project Manager - Civil/Environmental Engineer
Our client is a multi-disciplined Engineering and Architectural design firm that ranks in the nation’s
Top 500 Design Firms by ENR Magazine.
Project Manager – Civil/Environmental Engineer (Utilities)
Our client is seeking a full-time Project Manager with strong organizational, supervision and
technical skills to manage all facets of Water/Wastewater Utility projects including business
development, client management, project management, presentations, conceptual design,
construction documents, and construction administration.
• Fulfilling the responsibilities of a Project Manager as part of project design teams
including architects, engineers, designers, consultants and clients.
• Development, negotiation and management of project scope, contracts, planning,
schedules, budgets, change orders and billing.
• Coordination and collaboration with firm disciplines, other project managers, and
business development teams.
• Research, interpretation and ensuring implementation of company and client
requirements, standards and templates.
• Periodic travel to perform business development and project management tasks. Duty
includes preparation or review of subsequent reports and exhibits.
• Oversight and assistance with compiling documents/construction plans from all
disciplines and submittal to agencies having jurisdiction.
• Oversight of project quality control implementation.
• Management of clients and national account programs.
• Weekly coordination with and reporting to clients and firm leadership regarding
project/program performance with respect to quality, status, schedule and budget.
• Minimum 3 years experience successfully managing Utility Design and Construction
• B.S. Degree in Civil/Environmental engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
in design and permitting of utility projects, water and wastewater treatment facilities,
pipelines, pump stations, etc. Modeling experience with WaterCAD and SewerCAD
• Fundamentally sound, strong in design and value engineering, have strong analytical
problem solving and experienced in dealing with regulatory agencies.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Experience with
Smartsheet and Deltek is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of project process from concept through construction and
ability to build to develop/maintain an effective schedule/budget.
• Effective in exercising good judgement, providing instruction, prioritization, building
consensus, and conflict resolution in a positive and constructive manner.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
• Superior social, communication, written and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and work on multiple projects while adhering to project
schedules and budgets.
• Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
• Detail oriented, quality conscious, reliable and self-motivated.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Dependent upon experience.
• Medical, Dental and Vision with a quality insurance company.
• Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
• 401K, Paid Personal Time Off, and Paid Holidays
The company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Work Environment Employer.