Work Location: 1 New York Plaza, New York, NY
The PM will be responsible for leading and driving the Branch Workflow Case Management projects primarily driven by our Operations sponsors and will serve as the primary facilitator between the business and technology stakeholders.
The individual will be expected to provide leadership and direction to ensure the successful delivery of the project/s, and overall health of the program and financials. Core PM Tasks Their day-to-day responsibilities will include project plan creation, schedule creation and management, forecasts, budget tracking and project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives. Similarly the PM will be expected be required to identify, codify, prioritize and manage project scope changes, and identify and manage project risks and issues. The role requires credibility and confidence interacting with senior management, business unit personnel and the technology team across the full life-cycle of a project. The Candidate will play a lead role in the execution of multiple strategic projects by:
- Demonstrating the ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks, next steps and deliverables.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans for team members and summary project plans for presentations to stakeholders.
- Providing status updates.
- Acting as a liaison and advocate between the business users and the development teams, including identifying and integrating dependent development teams involved in a solution design
- Managing project phases, tasks or work streams to closure.
- Proactively identifying and managing issues to full resolution.
- Facilitating/assisting with User Acceptance Testing
- Managing risk /scope changes while marching towards project tasks, and project phase closure.
- 7+ years planning, tracking and reporting medium to high complexity technology projects
- 5+ years hands-on experience performing detailed business analysis and requirements specifications creation for complex broker/dealer systems
- 5+ years in financial services settings (preferably brokerage back-office systems)
- Critical thinking and translation of business needs into technology solutions
- Ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks, next steps and deliverables
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and listening skills
- Full systems development life cycle experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of project/portfolio management techniques and Microsoft Project