Project Manager Level 3
Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate: $66.68
Work Location: 522 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10036
MUST HAVE someone with sufficient knowledge and experience in repo, MRA, GMRA negotiations.
Repo agreement / ISDA drafting/negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal / communication skills
- Organized & responsive
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (MSIM)
MSIM is a global asset management business offering a full range of investment solutions across all asset classes to institutional clients.
MSIM businesses offer bespoke and pooled investment solutions to clients through segregated accounts and pooled funds. Within the Americas and Asia, MSIM manages equity, fixed income and money market strategies, and operates pooled fund ranges in the Americas and Asia, including mutual funds, collective investment trusts, and limited partnerships domiciled in jurisdictions including the U.S., Cayman Island, China and Japan.
MSIM products are distributed globally to institutional clients by MSIM directly and also through a large intermediary distribution network.
MSIM’s client base primarily consists of large institutions including sovereign wealth funds, government entities, pension funds and other corporates.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ISDA Negotiator’s primary role will be to draft and negotiate documentation relating to a full spectrum of derivatives, including equity, fixed income and commodity swaps, foreign exchange products, futures, options, repo/reverse repo and agency mortgage backed-securities, primarily (but not exclusively) in support of the Americas and Asia-based businesses of the division. The ISDA Negotiator will also be responsible for project managing the workload and providing status updates to relevant stakeholders, as well as to maintain/ develop relationships with key counterparties. This is a dynamic position with broad responsibilities, ideal for a motivated, self-starting professional willing to dive into a number of new and challenging assignments.
The role will include the following:
• Negotiate and draft MRAs, GMRAs, ISDAs and other derivatives agreements
• Handle amendments and negotiations with minimal supervision
• Ensure timely execution of all documents
• Liaise with derivatives operations and other internal teams to coordinate group’s work
• Prepare and distribute team global status reports
• Review / comment on derivative provisions in investment management agreement (IMA)
• Clearly articulate term implications in the context or proposed language revisions
• Maintain relationships with key counterparties
• Maintaining databases of account, fund and counterparty contacts and agreements
• Design, scope and manage various projects that arise from time to time
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
Areas of expertise in a combination (but not necessarily all) of the following areas are desirable:
• Significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of derivatives documentation in a derivatives documentation unit of a major bank or large asset manager
• Important that the candidate is proficient in understanding of the GMRA, MRA and ISDA master agreement and other related agreements and frameworks (eg clearing and repo).
• MSFTA experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail, references-on-request, maturity, judgment and poise.
• The candidate must have the ability and desire to take on and effectively prioritize multiple projects. The candidate must be a self-starter while still working collaboratively on a global basis and know when to escalate issues.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel is a must
• Ability to manage in a fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Legal background preferred