Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a 12-month fixed term Project Leader – Intermediate or Senior role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Project Leader – Intermediate or Senior to join our team. This is a 12 month fixed-term position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment to support satellite bus development. The Project Manager will develop and execute plans to ensure business, technical, and customer requirements are achieved.
- Responsible for costs, quality and for timely processing and compliance to contractual agreements.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Managing work and budgets using Earned Value Management (EVM) principles.
- Identification of project risks/issues/opportunities and definition and implementation of associated mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicating within and outside the workgroup.
- Participation in make/buy decisions and source selection recommendations.
- Leading meetings with customers and internal entities.
- Creation and review of reports and documents related to the project.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Cost-effective control and support of customer orders and tender preparation for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering or technical field.
- Successful completion of a project manager program.
- Eligible for PMP certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent project management experience on a design of space or military projects, including leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with government space agency programs.
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration.
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost and schedule using EVM principles.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute tasks to develop and deliver systems engineering products.
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate technical, cost, and schedule data into briefings and reports suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing technical subcontractors with hardware or software deliveries.
- Ability to negotiate, discuss and reach an agreement with the customer or subcontractor with respect to the key requirements and objectives of the project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to travel to work for short periods.
- Conflict management skills in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team worker/leader and possess good problem solving skills.
- Areas of specific knowledge that are desired include: aerospace, military or industrial applications, systems engineering, embedded systems, software.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are recommended in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.