OBJECTIVE: Commission and certify communications systems on all assigned projects. Work with the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver on-site leadership to our customer base, providing consultation in our products and services; security and fire alarm systems
- Installation (including wire pulling and device mounting) and programing of CEC provided solutions according to customer specification
- Perform systems functionality and precision testing after installation
- Loading software onto installed devices; access control, intrusion and CCTV
- Pre-installation walk through with project manager and staff, identify potential problems, needs, concerns and make necessary arrangements prior to start of projects
- Responsible for providing direction to internal staff and sub-contractors while acting as a technical resource regarding system setups, device specifics, and system functionality
- Identify problems, needs, and concerns of staff while providing on-site supervision of assigned projects
- Documentation of new systems
- May lead some project status meetings, providing; updates, setbacks, and other information pertinent to project completion
- Train the customer base on system functionality, adds/moves/changes, and other features relative to the client’s expectations
- Occasional technical support for service calls throughout the Milwaukee area
- Act as technical resource for pre-sales meetings, sharing technical expertise with Sales Executives, Technicians, and client staff.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining stock of equipment and general system devices
- Responsible for maintenance of company vehicle
- Training and mentoring of new employees
- Travel to customer locations as needed to provide technical expertise
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Full compliance of CEC’s safety program
- Other duties as assigned
Provide on-site direction, leadership, and coordination various project personnel.
- Two year degree or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education or 5+ years of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge
- Must Maintain a NICET II certification
- Must be able to lead large projects with little to no direct supervision
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results
- Excellent customer service skills to work with both external and internal customers
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, , security, card access, fire alarm, IT networking
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred
- Must have an understanding of IT networking/servers
- Must be able to present information to large groups with confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse customer groups to resolve conflicts
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities
- This job is primarily located at customer locations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.