Project Estimator and Subcontract Capacity Planner
This position will have responsibility for the estimation of project costs and capacity planning for subcontracted OEM and Rebuild projects. Working with the assembly vendors, engineering, and procurement to establish a target cost for project proposals along with the determination of available capacities and lead times to complete.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- OEM/Rb/Rbx Estimator Develop accurate and comprehensive project estimates by analyzing project requirements, specifications, and drawings. Work closely with engineering, production, procurement, and project management teams to align project estimates with the overall project objectives. Communicate effectively to address any concerns or discrepancies.
- Project Supplier Capacity Planning and Forecasting Collaborate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain quotes and negotiate pricing for outsourced components, services, and materials. Evaluate subcontractor capabilities and capacities to ensure timely project execution. assess supplier manufacturing capacities, identifying potential bottlenecks or resource constraints. Provide recommendations to optimize production processes and resource allocation.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new technologies, and best practices in project estimation, fabrication, and subcontract management. Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance estimation accuracy and efficiency including cost reduction initiatives – OEM Assy, and Rebuild projects.
- Negotiate project costing for outsourced components, services, and materials,
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics, or another related field. Candidates with degrees and training in engineering management or project management with relevant work experience may also be qualified.
Preferred Certification and licenses:
- Professional certifications in estimation (e.g., AACE International Certified Estimating Professional, ASPE Certified Professional Estimator) are required. (CCP/CEP/EVP/PRMP/PSP)
- CAC – Certified Associate Constructor (American Institute of Constructors)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
Click here to apply online
- 5+ years in manufacturing, construction, or subcontracting. Certification in Estimation (AACE or ASPC), or 5+ years of work experience as an estimator.