This exciting role as a Project Engineer (Heat Pump Systems) will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities involved in the development, prototype, evaluation and validation of product and component designs related to heat pump systems used for domestic potable water heating, space heating hydronic systems, and combination potable and space water heating. The position advances the path for decarbonizing water heating applications, embedding sustainability principles and being a part of an exciting technological transformation. Also central to the role is collaboration, leadership, advisory, and joint development projects among Company's Global operating units and/or with outside partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Click here to apply online
- Develop heat pump systems for potable water heating, space heating, and combinational heating function product platforms serving residential through commercial applications in domestic and international programs.
- Commercialize advancements in heat pump systems with low GWP refrigerants considering natural refrigerants, hydrofluoroolefins (HFOs), blend enhancements and other environmentally preferred high-performance working fluids, optimized heat exchangers, and technology leading vapor compression approaches.
- Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, contract administration, manufacturing, outside vendors and plant security in order to ensure successful completion of projects with constraints
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released material list, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project. Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.