Title: Project Engineer
Job Code: EB-1540201418
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Project Engineer to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Philadelphia, PA.
This is a nine month contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Responsible for the technical success of small projects and tasks.
- Specifically is technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with customer technical requirements in the field of Power Distribution including AC and DC Power Conversion Equipment, Switchgear and Circuit Breakers.
- Drive good development processes and engineering practices
- Manage day to day technical aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, and communication.
- Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, peer reviews).
- Lead efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing.
- Lead efforts for defect tracking and correction.
- Support technical efforts for customer upgrade requests and issue management for released products.
- Work with functional management to obtain and manage proper engineering staffing.
- Manage engineering budget and evaluate engineering Estimate to Complete. Identify to the Program Manager any cost growth and reasons for growth.
- Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house).
- Other duties may include assisting engineering management in the development of plans, forecasts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field, advanced technical degree preferred.
- Three years of related technical experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Specific experience in electronic power distribution/conversion equipment development preferred.
- Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Distribution/Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
- Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
- Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.