Under the direction of the Engineering Manager the Project Engineer will lead and work collaboratively with fellow team members to carry out small to medium projects (1wk to 1yr duration) on time and on budget. Projects can range from new product development, line extensions, product improvements and product cost take outs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Click here to apply online
- Commercialize designs based on marketing specifications.
- Communicate design goals to other team members and develop those designs utilizing 3D CAD.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design, layout, evaluation and documentation of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Understand the critical interactions and design characteristics which ensure robust system performance.
- Manage the creation and testing of prototypes to meet performance specifications and demonstrate technical feasibility.
- Utilize advanced analysis tools and collaborative techniques to optimize designs.
- Creation of components and product structures in manufacturing system
- Work with sourcing to select and implement appropriate manufacturing processes and vendors to ensure cost-effective, robust products that meet the product requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to CR/CO or product development project team members.
- Work with R&D Laboratory for proper design validation.