Project Engineer III
Job Purpose and Impact
The Project Engineer III will plan, support, and where applicable, execute engineering deliverables for one or more of our broad core technology or engineering area. We seek a professional who will develop and apply engineering standards and procedures, providing advice on issues within the engineering field.
- Plan, design and estimate time and cost, overseeing construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, systems and components.
- Analyze and develop solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures.
- Design and improve manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment, testing manufactured products to maintain quality.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in engineering, operations, maintenance, project manager or manufacturing areas.
- Prior experience with continuous improvement activities and methodologies (i.e., Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, etc)
- Working knowledge of food safety and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Awareness of project management practices (PDP, PPM, Build, and PMG).
- Demonstrated project management skills for budget management and schedule development and ability to execute on capital projects or demonstrated ability in working as a key member of a project team.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: the company highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow the company's safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Fort Dodge IA