Our client is well known 120 year old, family-owned general contractor in search of a talented Project Engineer. They are currently an ENR Top 60 General Contractor, and Top 20 in Highway, Wastewater, Bridges, Pipeline, and Marine construction. With $1.3 billion in annual revenue and a record project backlog in Indiana, this opportunity comes with growth and stability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities, including personnel planning and administration, work assignments, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule (Primavera P6).
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of deign conflicts; contractibility reviews, etc.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents (submittals, RFI’s, expediting material deliveries, payment of Subcontractors/Vendors and Owner pay requests).
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Oversee all pre-construction services, design-build services, and business development for the project.
- Work with Superintendent to control job costs and production budgets.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly cost, income, and cash flow projections.
- Execute and approve subcontractor requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Coordinate, price and assist Project Manager in settlement of change orders and claims.
- Respond to issues quickly; proactive in problem solving; handles multiple tasks.
- Manage time and organizes office and filing system efficiently; organizes and maintains accurate project correspondence files.
- Maintain subcontractor insurance certificate compliance.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com