Candidate will be a degreed engineer, preferably Mechanical Engineer with 8-10 years of experience in mining and industrial minerals. Preferably Cement or Lime Experience. This person will be responsible for the direct management of plant capital projects, mostly lime handling and material handling projects, at a quicklime manufacturing plant. Must have previous capital project management experience, including previous project engineering responsibilities.
- Communicate with Company Leadership and Plant Teams effectively and in a variety of methods including Project Presentations, daily update emails, weekly/monthly scheduling meetings, project planning meetings, Capital Project Budgeting and Review meetings.
- Plan, Organize, and Execute multiple plant capital projects totaling 7 Million in capital spending this year
- Work with Vendors and Contractors to procure parts, services, and equipment needed for project planning and project execution.
- Lead and take part in root-cause failure analysis activities in order to assist plant leadership with proper decision making and next steps planning when there are equipment failures.
- Ensure safe and healthy work environment for employees.
- Observe and enforce all Federal Mine Safety and Health regulations.
- Address and resolve all safety issues
- Observe and enforce all Company Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Communicate safety and health issues with upper management.