Our client, a global leader in refractory products, with the largest number of locations around the world, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer / Project Manager.
The Project Engineer will provide hands on support to mining and refractory brick manufacturing processes. The Project Engineer will work directly with operations staff to determine the project requirements, develop a project scope, assist in securing bidding and contract terms, and manage various capital equipment or facility projects, engineering services and machine build/fabrication requirements.
• Support the development of a strong, pro-active safety culture.
• Supervise all project work – with both internal and third party contractors.
• Interact with operations or maintenance team members to create a project scope and project requirements.
• Facilitate the bidding and selection process.
• Coordinate aspects of capital project activities along with internal and third parties with keen awareness of project budget and timeline. Holds involved parties accountable for any cost or time overruns and communicates project status and support needs to leadership team members to keep a project running efficiently.
• Interacts frequently with the manufacturing and mining team members regarding equipment operation, process concerns, or optimization of equipment usage.
• Provides support to operators or maintenance professionals to troubleshoot equipment failures.
• B.S. degree from an accredited institution with a relevant engineering degree like Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering
• 5+ years of project engineering experience in a heavy industrial or manufacturing setting
• Strong understanding of relevant mechanical equipment operation and machine design; ability to read and decipher schematics and blueprints
• Finance or accounting experience relative to project budget creation, cost analysis, and overall project success reporting
• Experience managing capital projects
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org