endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
We are foremost experts in material handling systems and conveyors for all manufacturing operations. Whether it be a new plant build, new line addition or outdated systems that need to be upgraded or replaced we are experts in our field and can tackle any problem with custom designed state-of-the-art systems. We are financially stable and very profitable. We are looking to add two Project Engineer / Managers who can handle complete programs from determining front-end systems requirements all the way through system design, development and commissioning
Provides Engineering Project Management for customer projects. Includes supervising System/Layout Engineers, Machinery and Carrier Designers, Structural Engineers, Designer/Drafters and other necessary mechanical engineering personnel. Must work closely with shop and field personnel in order to provide a complete turnkey conveyor system. Works closely with the Project Manager, Customers, Electrical Project Engineer and Field Superintendent. Responsibilities include system design, mechanical components, structural systems, management of engineering project schedule, production planning for shop and subcontractors, advance ordering equipment, review and maintenance of product shipping schedule, supervision of run-off testing, seeking design reviews, preparation of R&M data, preparation of FEA and FMEAs, support of customer requested changes and preparation of technical documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive all design input from the customer, subcontractors, controls, Project Manager, shop and Field
Superintendent. Schedule and document internal design review meetings to assure that technical aspects of project are met. Seek out additional input from support staff when necessary.
- Review all customer specifications; identify conflicts and review with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager. Seek and document all deviations taken and bases for such in order to confirm the design bases used for the project.
- Research various conveyor system design possibilities and offer alternatives to reduce cost, simplify operation or improve system performance.
- Direct and review the activities of all assigned System/Layout Engineers, Machinery and Carrier Designers, Structural Engineers, Designer/Drafters, and other necessary Mechanical Engineering Personnel. Review work output and consult with other senior-level engineers to assure the project engineer's staff is receiving adequate technical support.
- Develop and maintain a detailed engineering project schedule that includes all applicable parts of the engineering department's responsibilities. Periodically review all aspects of the project to assure the engineering schedule is followed. Provide schedule status review to the Engineering Manager on a regular basis. Request overtime and/or additional manpower based on technical and/or schedule needs and requirements.
- Develop detailed manufacturing and shipping plans with input from Project Manager, shop and field. Assure that equipment issued for manufacturing is properly entered into Encompix such that manufacturing and shipping schedules are accurately provided to manufacturing.
- Develop, review and maintain manufacturing database documents for all purchased and manufactured components in Encompix. Confirm accuracy of documents for purchasing, shop and accounting functions.
- Plan/Supervise advance and final release of equipment to purchasing & manufacturing to allow for maximum flexibility and efficiency in production.
- Provide timely instructions for installation crews and subcontractors.
- Plan engineering activities to simplify the completion of Maintenance Documentation requirements, spare parts list, and customer database information.
- Travel to job sites to review work progress, attend meetings, review field conditions and assist with field issues. Travel may last for extended time periods.
- Conform to ISO requirements and R&M documentation requirements.
- Provide and assist in performance reviews for personnel under Project Engineer's supervision.
- Follow back-up procedures and utilize company resources appropriately. Assure that all job files are properly archived during and at the completion of the project.
- Demonstrate the ability to work professionally as a team player and willingness to assist others.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- May require working extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned or that become necessary to fulfill the company’s responsibilities and needs with respect to its business.
- A technical BS degree or equivalent and 5 years related conveyor industry mechanical engineering work experience, or suitable combination.
- Must have a strong technical comprehension skills to read, analyze and communicate requirements from specifications, drawings and other design input information. Ability to evaluate design criteria and identify what engineering criteria is missing from customer requirements. Particular emphasis to be placed on understanding and review of safety related issues that may or may not be identified at the start of a project.
- Must be capable of working independently and willing to travel to job sites.
- Must have knowledge of conveyor system types, their applications and limitations.
- Good communication skills working with customers and their representatives. (Tactful, clear, timely and concise)
- Good communication/supervisory skills working with and directing the activities of others. (Tactful, clear, timely and concise)
- Highly organized with the ability to keep project files current, schedules and database information accurate.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.